Winter weather can really take a toll on your nails. Cold temperatures outside and the warmer, dry air inside dehydrate our skin and nails, and may cause issues such as ragged cuticles, itchy, flaking hands, and dry, peeling nails. Luckily, there are steps we can take to overcome these challenges.
Here are our top 5 tips for keeping your nails healthy during the winter months -
• Moisturize! Apply cuticle oil and hand lotion multiple times throughout the day, especially after washing your hands. (We are excited to be launching our own line of cuticle oil and hand lotion this year! Watch for updates!)
• Drink more water (We know, we know, but all of us tend to drink less when it's cooler outside, so make sure you're getting enough. Drink 16 ounces as soon as you get up in the morning to begin you day in a positive way!)
• Apply Nail Fitness to hydrate and strengthen your nails. Two coats to start and one coat every other day, or as needed. This will create a protective layer and moisturize the nail bed.
• File nails in one direction, not back and forth. (Doesn't seem like a big deal, but it makes huge difference)
• Wear gloves when washing dishes, cleaning and outside when the temperature dips.
Winter time, love it or hate it, we have to deal with it. If you're not a huge fan, good news is that it never lasts forever and we can always look forward to spring!